Juicing is becoming more popular as more of us realize the benefits of buying a juicer and loading up on delicious fruit and vegetable juices. In this article, we look at why everyone should be juicing and the best way to choose the right juicer for you so that you can make an informed choice and enjoy the health benefits.
What Are The Benefits Of Juicing?
There are several ways in which juicing can benefit your health. Here are just a few of the main reasons to invest in a juicer.
- Good for your digestion – when you juice fruit and vegetables you are eliminating the insoluble fiber while leaving all of the minerals and vitamins. This allows the body to easily absorb these essential micronutrients
- Eat more vegetables – we know that we should all eat more vegetables, but it can be hard to fit them into our daily diet. Drinking is simpler than eating and making a vegetable juice allows you to use a lot more vegetables in an easy, simple to consume way to get you recommended daily allowance.
- Extra variety – no doubt you have a few vegetables which you always buy and very rarely get any variety. When you have a juicer you are encouraged to try a greater spectrum of vegetables and fruits that you would never normally eat on their own. This allows you to enjoy better nutrition, consuming a greater selection of minerals and vitamins.
- Good for you – juicing has a host of benefits for your health including a boost to your immune system, alkalizing of the body, improvements in mental clarity and energy levels, better skin and a boost to overall wellbeing. Juicing allows you to consume more fresh produce in a juiced form and this is very handy if you struggle to eat the right amount each day.
- Tastes great – fresh juice is bursting with freshness and flavor and is much more tasty that a juice bought in a store which lacks nutrients and taste due to the pasteurization process.
Find out how to extend the life of fresh juice and know the best wheatgrass juicers around.
What To Consider When You Buy A Juicer
- Price – centrifugal juicers are cheap but not as effective as a masticating juicer, so if you are planning on using your juicer a lot you should invest in a masticating type since you will spend less overall on fresh produce
- Quality – a centrifugal juicer will be more likely to break down since it generates extra heat. Usually there is only a one or two year warranty with these products while a masticating juicer will be more durable and will often have a warranty as long as 15 years
- Noise – if you want a quiet running juicer, a masticating version is best
- User friendliness – the amount of taking taken to prepare produce, juice it and then clean up afterwards is all relevant when choosing a juicer
- Healthiness – a masticating juicer will help you to get more vitamins from your juice
- Which foods to juice – if you want to make juice with tough and fibrous produce a centrifugal juicer will work well, but they aren’t so good at juicing leafy greens or soft fruits. For those, you’d be better off with a masticating juicer which can also make pasta and nut butters
Start juicing today and learn which are the best juicers on the market?
Which Are The Best Juicers?
Breville BJE510XL Juice Fountain
This centrifugal juicer is made by a top brand and has impressive design, and excellent build quality and performs well. It is user friendly and can cope with hard vegetables just as easily as soft fruits thanks to the five operating speeds. Juicing and preparation time are kept to a minimum and it is also simple to clean with a dishwasher. Its sleek stainless steel design with LCD screen looks great in any kitchen.
Omega NC900 HDC Nutrition Center Juicer
This masticating juicer has a wide feed chute to allow for easier preparation of produce. It also features an adjustable cap to alter the rate that the pulp is ejected to allow for optimal extraction from both soft and hard produce. This high quality juicer is constructed from premium materials and its many nozzles and screens allow the user to prepare pasta and plant milks. It is also protected by a 15 year manufacturer’s warranty for peace of mind. Simple to clean and assemble, it runs quietly and works well on leafy greens.
Check out the best citrus juicers, when you drop by at startjuicing.org and drink your freshly picked oranges and lemons today